Reddit is a melting pot for thousands of topics, opinions, subjects, and discussions. The social media platform has a large user base. However, some users are experiencing the Reddit search not working bug.
This can be pretty frustrating if you want to find threads on new topics. In this guide, we will explain why you may be experiencing this bug and how you can fix it.
Also Read > How to View Deleted Reddit Posts
What Causes The Reddit Search Not Working Bug?
Before we can get down to fix the bug, we need to understand the reason behind it. There can be a lot of reasons that can cause this bug to occur.
Let us take a look at each of them below.
- Search Filter: The platform has a filter that automatically filters mature content. However, this would only be a problem if the content of your search is explicit.
- Backend Issues: Often the problem might not be at your end but caused due to backend issues at Reddit.
- Ad-Blockers: Sometimes the issue may be caused due to ad blockers interfering with the proper functioning of Reddit Search.
- Outdated Version: Another thing that can cause the bug is using an outdated version of the Reddit app.
Now that you know what can cause the Reddit Search Not Working issue, let us take a look at the solutions to fix it.
Also Read > How to Change Reddit Username
How To Fix Reddit Search Not Working Bug?
There are several ways to fix this issue depending on what is causing the problem. If you are not sure about the cause, you can go through the solutions one by one to see if they work for you.
Let us take a look at all of them below.
Reboot Your Device
Sometimes temporary bugs can cause issues with Reddit searches. You can turn off your device completely and turn it back on to get rid of them.
If this solution does not work, you can move on to the next solution.
Another reason that the Reddit search might not be working for you is that the servers are down. You can go to the official Reddit website and check the status of the server.
If the issue is related to the server, you will just have to wait for it to be sorted before you can use the social media platform.
To know if there is an issue with Reddit, you can also choose to subscribe to updates from the site.
If the Cache for the app has grown large, it may cause issues with the proper functioning of Reddit. This can happen due to corrupted or broken files.
You should clear the cache for the app regularly to prevent this from happening. If you do not know how to do this, you can simply follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings on your mobile device.
- Select the App Management option. This may be named differently on some devices.
- Tap on the App list option.
- From the list of apps, select Reddit.
- Go to the Storage Usage option.
- Click the Clear Cache option.
- Go to the Reddit app to see if the issue is fixed.
Update The App
Another reason the Reddit Search is not working could be that you are using an outdated version of the app. Check your Play Store/App Store to see if there is a newer version of the app available.
If there is, update the app and then check if the issue is resolved.
Pause Ad Blockers
Sometimes ad blockers can interfere with the proper functioning of Reddit. You can pause AdBlock to see if that is causing the bug.
Force Stop Reddit
Sometimes you need to reset Reddit so that it refreshes and opens without any temporary bugs that may have started causing issues for the app. To do this, you need to force-stop Reddit rather than just closing it.
Another solution that can work for you is to uninstall Reddit and then re-install it. This will also uninstall any bugs that may have corrupted the old app and give you a fresh start.
Check The Internet
Lastly, your internet connection may be causing the issue at times. If you have a weak or faulty internet connection, it can lead to Reddit search not working for you.
These are all the fixes that you can try to fix the Reddit search not working bug. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.