Do you want to patch 3rd party Reddit apps using ReVanced Manager? If your answer is YES then you have come to the perfect place.
Before I walk you through the entire process, let me tell you that you must have Android 11 or newer version to patch the 3rd party Reddit apps using the ReVanced Manager.
Also Read > Is Reddit Is Fun Still Working?
The applications that support ReVanced Manager are — Boost, Reddit Is Fun, Relay, Sync, Infinity, Slide and Baconreader.
Without any further ado, let’s get started:
Patching 3rd Party Reddit Apps Using ReVanced Manager
Here are a few steps to patch 3rd Party Reddit apps using ReVanced Manager:
- First, visit Reddit’s ofifical site.
- Now, click on the “are you a developer? create an app…”
- When you do so, a form will appear on the screen. There, you need to enter the name of an app (You can name it whatever you want).
- Once named, make sure to select ‘Installed app’.
- Now, make sure to set the redirect url based on the app you are using:
For patching Sync — set the redirect uri to “ http://redditsync/auth ”
For patching Boost, set the redirect uri to “ http://rubenmayayo.com ”
For patching RIF, set the redirect uri to “ redditisfun://auth ”
For patching Relay, set the redirect uri to “ dbrady://relay ”
For patching BaconReader, set the redirect uri to “ http://baconreader.com/auth ”
For patching Infinity, set the redirect uri to “ infinity://localhost ”
For patching Slide, set the redirect uri to “ http://www.ccrama.me ”
- Once everything is done, click on the ‘Create App’.
- Now, you need to copy the Client ID, which can be found here (see the following image)
Also Read > Best Reddit Alternative Viewers
Create .TXT File
- Now, you need to create a Text File and for that you need to open a notepad and paste the Client ID and save it as a .txt file.
- Once you have successfully created a .txt file, place the file on the root of your device’s storage.
- To do so, you can use an application named Just Notepad on your device.
- You can use other applications as well but the majority of them add extra data to the file that creates problems and errors.
- To create a .txt file on an Android device, you need to download the Just Notepad application by clicking on the above link.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- When you do so, you will be asked to grand access to files. To do so, click on the ‘Manage Access’.
- After clicking on the ‘Manage Access‘, you will have to click on the ‘+’ icon shown in the above image.
- When you do so, two options will appear on the screen but you need to select ‘Create new file’.
- Now, you need to paste the client ID and then save the file with the name — reddit_client_id_revanced.txt.
- Once the file is saved, go to your Internal Storage and scroll down. When you do so, you will find this file at the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, you need to patch it with the ReVanced Manager.
Patch Apps Using The ReVanced Manager
Before you follow the steps written below, make sure to uninstall the official version of the app you are going to patch.
For Example: If you wish to patch Sync installed on your device, make sure to uninstall it before processing to patch.
Also Read > How To Use Reddit Reverse Image Search
Before you uninstall the app, make sure to export the Settings configuration. Once done, now, you need to install the latest version of the ReVanced Manager.
Once installed, give grand ‘All files access’ permission. If you are using Android 11, you must grant permission. The best way to patch a third-party Reddit app is using Revancify because it is supported globally.
Download The APK File
Note: Don’t begin the installation process after downloading the APK file.
- Sync download
- Boost download
- Relay download
- Reddit is Fun (RIF) download
- BaconReader download
- Infinity download
- Slide download
You can download all of these applications from APKPure.com.
Select The Application
Once you have downloaded the APK file by clicking on the above link, launch the Revanced Manager > Patcher > Select an Application.
After that, you need to go File Manager and select the APK file that you have downloaded from the APKpure.
Once selected, click on the ‘Select Patches’ Card.
Now, click on the Default option and then Done. After that, you need to click on the ‘Patch‘ option and wait until the Initialization process is completed.
Once the process is finished, click on the ‘Install’ button. When you do so, you will see a pop up as shown in the above picture.
Now, click on the More Options and then ‘Install anyaway‘ option to install Rif is Fun on your phone.
Now, you can delete the .txt file you added to your device.
That’s all you need to know about how to patch 3rd party Reddit apps using ReVanced Manager.